I remember some years ago, shortly after my mission I attended church at my parents ward for mothers day. While there, I bumped into a young lady that I had once had the opportunity of baby sitting. After she had gotten older we had become good friends and I attended her wedding where I bore the teasing that she had gotten married before me. Now I sat behind her, still single, and watched as she rubbed her belly, large with child and her husbands arm around her shoulders.
My heart ached and as tears ran down my face I wondered in my heart if the time would ever come when I would know not only the love of a good man, but what it is like to feel a child grow within me. It seemed that every natural instinct in me long for these things. I whispered a silent prayer that someday I could fulfill this measure of my creation.
Four mother days would pass, each one filled with want and desire, before I met my Kenny. He filled my life with inexplicable joy and love. My first mothers day with him, I sat with his arm around me filled with the peace that one day I we celebrate with child in arms.
Last May, I became my childhood friend, I sat with husband by my side and not just one, but two wonderful little babies growing in my belly. I wept tears of joy and whispered a prayer of gratitude for such an amazing blessing. Looking forward to the next year when I would have my babies in arm.
I never would have believed that I would spend my first legitimate mothers day feeling the joy of having such a beautiful baby girl held close to my heart, and the sorrow of knowing that a little person was missing from our family circle. This year as a sat in picture perfection of husband mother and child, I whispered a prayer of gratitude for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge that our family would be complete again. Not a day goes by that I don't think of our little Mhairi, I know she will always be part of us in this life. I am so grateful for Rhyanna and her beautiful excited smile that lights us my world and fills me with joy. I never knew you could love this much.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have really been touched by your posts. I don't really know what else to say, except for thank you for sharing something so special.
Post a Comment